【新闻】查洛的教练:我们想要戈洛夫金,但WBC让我们等着

1
回复
594
查看
[ 复制链接 ]

1178

主题

437

回帖

3989

积分

论坛元老

积分
3989
2023-10-20 19:09:48 显示全部楼层 阅读模式
原定于5月5日在拉斯维加斯T-Mobile竞技场的戈瓦之战复赛,由于阿瓦雷兹在2月份的两项不同的药检中克伦特罗阳性,被内华达体委暂时停赛,4月18日的听证会会有最终的处理结果。

杰玛尔.查洛 (26-0,20 KOs)的教练罗尼·希尔兹说;“杰玛尔已经处在戈洛夫金的强制性位置了,但由于戈洛夫金和阿瓦雷兹应该进行复赛,我们被告知必须等到战斗结束后再争取那条腰带,我们不想坐下来等待一整年,所以我们决定在此之前再打一场,以尽量保持忙碌。

现在绝对是杰玛尔的鼎盛时期,现在是他最好的时候。很多拳手都会谈到杰玛尔,但到了关键时刻就都闭嘴了。我们现在唯一能做的就是继续努力训练,继续和他面前的人战斗。我们八月份还会再打一场,我们要做的就是继续向人们表明,杰玛尔.查洛是世界中量级最优秀的拳手”。

Charlo's Coach: We Wanted Golovkin, WBC Told Us To Wait
Ronnie Shields, trainer of top middleweight contender Jermall Charlo (26-0, 20 KOs), says his boxer was ready and willing to fight IBF, WBA, WBC, IBO champion Gennady Golovkin (37-0-1, 33 KOs) - but the World Boxing Council told them to wait.

Golovkin was scheduled to face Canelo Alvarez in a rematch on May 5th at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

But last week, Canelo withdrew from the contest. The Mexican star was placed under a temporary suspension by the Nevada State Athletic Commission, because the boxer tested positive for clenbuterol in two separate drug tests taken in February. Canelo must appear at a hearing on April 18.

d1.jpg

Golovkin still plans to fight on May 5, but in a voluntary defense.

Charlo is the mandatory challenger to Golovkin's WBC title.

"The thing about Jermall, he’s already the mandatory but since Golovkin and Canelo were supposed to fight in a rematch, they told us we had to wait until after that fight to fight for that belt. We didn’t want to sit back and wait a whole year before we got back in the ring, so we decided to take another fight before that to try to keep busy," Shields told On The Ropes Boxing Radio.

Charlo will fight Hugo Centeno for the WBC's interim-title at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

After that contest is over, Charlo will target his mandatory crack at Golovkin.

"Oh absolutely, he’s definitely in his prime and at his best right now. He presents a lot of problems for everybody in boxing right now who is in the middleweight division. All of these guys know it, everybody talks but when it’s time to put up, nobody puts up, everybody shuts up," Shields said.

"The only thing is to continue to train hard, continue to fight whoever they put in front of us and that’s all we can do. We’d like to fight more often if that’s possible. We already have another date for August, but we’re not looking past anyone. What we want is to continue to fight and continue to show people that Jermall Charlo is the best middleweight in the world."


收藏
送赞
分享
使用道具
举报

0

主题

482

回帖

10

积分

新手上路

积分
10
2023-10-20 19:10:13 显示全部楼层
回复

举报

又是一道154送上来的菜。
回复
使用道具
举报
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册  

本版积分规则