As BoxingScene.com previously reported, WBC heavyweight world champion Deontay Wilder says he is willing to face Anthony Joshua in Britain in a fight for the undisputed crown.
Briton Joshua (21-0) collected his fourth world heavyweight title belt on Saturday when he defeated Joseph Parker in Cardiff and then challenged Wilder (40-0) to a fight in Britain.
The WBC title is the only one remaining on Joshua's radar after he added the WBO championship to his WBA, IBF and IBO titles by defeating New Zealand's previously unbeaten Parker on Saturday by unanimous decision.
After defeating Parker - Joshua called for a fight with Wilder - which was music to the big puncher's ears.
"Anthony, I am so glad we finally heard from you on Saturday and that you want to fight me as your next opponent and you want the fight to happen in the UK," Wilder, 32, said in a statement.
"I accept that challenge and I am ready to come to the UK for my next fight. There is nothing on Team Wilder's side to prevent me from fighting you next.
"Thanks Anthony, I can't wait to meet you in the ring."
Joshua's promoter, Eddie Hearn, denied suggestions that he;s ducking the fight and says he is actively trying to make it.
Since Saturday, Hearn has already spoken with Showtime and with Wilder's manager Al Haymon.
"Once again it was me initiating the conversation. I called Al Haymon's team yesterday and spoke with Showtime last night and discussions are ongoing. I have a meeting with Anthony (Joshua) and Trainer Rob (McCracken) tomorrow where we will map out the rest of 2018," Hearn told Sky Sports.
"I will say it once again, the window for fighting Wilder is 2018, otherwise we will risk it not being an undisputed fight. Anthony wants the fight and I'm very confident it will happen."