【新闻】雅各布斯;阿瓦雷兹应该知道,他不能驾凌于拳击之上

1
回复
963
查看
[ 复制链接 ]

1284

主题

428

回帖

4285

积分

论坛元老

积分
4285
2023-10-20 20:03:04 显示全部楼层 阅读模式
雅可布感谢内华达州体育委员会经受住了对阿瓦雷兹药检阳性事件的严峻考验。

雅各布斯坚定地认为,委员会和制裁组织没有采取足够措施保护干净的拳击手不受药罐子的影响。但是,看到内华达体委对阿瓦雷兹这位拳击界巨星的处理,就像他们对待弱势拳手一样,这对雅各布斯是一种鼓励,尽管如今这种情况可能会推迟他与戈瓦胜者交战的机会。

雅各布斯周四在布鲁克林的格里森体育馆进行的一次公开训练中说;“我很感激内华达做了他们应该做的,并给予暂停,以确保他不会驾凌于拳击之上,并让他知道这一点。不管这个暂停是多久,我都不知道。但我很高兴这项运动能被清理。就像我说的,我们甚至不知道发生了什么,所以我不能说太多。”

内华达体委3月23日对阿瓦雷兹提起了申诉并暂停了他的比赛,阿瓦雷兹4月3日退出了与戈洛夫金的比赛。但怀疑论者认为,委员会很可能会允许阿瓦雷兹在5月5日面对戈洛夫金,因为这涉及到各方面太多的钱。

雅各布斯说;“现在大家都知道了,他可能被认为如今是我们体育界最大牌的明星之一,如果他不会被赦免,那就没人会了。我认为这将在拳击运动中留下印记,所以我对此非常感激。


如今的兴奋剂问题仍然很流行,这对拳击运动来说太糟糕了。这些家伙仍然可以用自己的方式去欺骗人们​​,做那些这些不同的事情来使自己变得更好,这糟透了。我所能做的就是尽我所能,做到自然,让我的技能为自己说话。”
Jacobs: Canelo's Suspension Shows He's Not Bigger Than Boxing
By Keith Idec

NEW YORK – Daniel Jacobs appreciates the stand the Nevada State Athletic Commission has taken on Canelo Alvarez’s clenbuterol ordeal.

Jacobs firmly feels that commissions and sanctioning organizations haven’t done enough to protect clean fighters from performance-enhancing drug users. But watching the NSAC treat Alvarez, one of boxing’s biggest stars, just like they’d treat lower-profile fighters has been encouraging to Jacobs, even though this situation could delay his opportunity to fight the winner of an Alvarez-Gennady Golovkin rematch.

“I’m just grateful that they took the actions that they did and suspended him, and are ** sure that he is not bigger than boxing, and letting him know that,” Jacobs said during an open workout Thursday at Gleason’s Gym in Brooklyn. “However long this suspension is, I have no idea yet. I’m just glad that this sport can be cleaned up. Like I said, we don’t even really know what’s going on, so I can’t really say too much.”

d1.jpg

Mexico’s Alvarez will learn just how long the NSAC will extend his temporary suspension at its monthly meeting Wednesday in Las Vegas.

NSAC executive director Bob Bennett filed a complaint against Alvarez and temporarily suspended him March 23 because he twice tested positive for clenbuterol, a banned substance, in February. Alvarez withdrew from his lucrative pay-per-view rematch against Golovkin on April 3 because his handlers had been advised that the NSAC wasn’t going to allow him to fight Golovkin on May 5 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

Skeptics expected the NSAC to allow Alvarez to face Golovkin on May 5 because so much money was at stake for various parties involved in the event.

“Now guys know Canelo,” Jacobs said, “who is probably considered one of the biggest superstars in our sport at the time, if he’s not exempt from being penalized, then no one is. And I think that’ll put a mark inside the sport of boxing. So I’m very grateful for that.”

Jacobs still believes that not nearly enough is being done about the PED epidemic in boxing.

“It **s for the sport of boxing that these guys can still finagle their way and cheat and do all these different things to make themselves better,” Jacobs said. “It **s. All I can do is just be the best I can be, be natural and let my skills speak for themselves.”

Brooklyn’s Jacobs (33-2, 29 KOs) is preparing for a 12-round middleweight match against Poland’s Maciej Sulecki (26-0, 10 KOs), scheduled for April 28 at Barclays Center in his home borough. HBO will televise Jacobs-Sulecki as the main event of a doubleheader that night.



收藏
送赞
分享
使用道具
举报

0

主题

405

回帖

392

积分

中级会员

积分
392
2023-10-20 20:03:31 显示全部楼层
回复

举报

实际上当初对莫拉莱斯时就该严格处罚,不能因为莫拉莱斯成名已久、形象好就网开一面。
回复
使用道具
举报
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册  

本版积分规则